BY LAW THEO HEYLIGER IS THE ONLY CANDIDATE WHO CAN ‘JUMP SHIP’ TO ANY OTHER PARTY, BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY POLITICIAN TO EARN HIS INDIVIDUAL SEAT. SOME ON FACEBOOK ARE SAYING THAT IT’S SILVERIA AND THEO. NO! SILVERIA DID IMPRESSIVELY, BUT DID NOT EARN HER OWN INDIVIDUAL SEAT.
1. The central electoral committee shall divide the sum of the voting figures of all lists by the number of seats to be filled.
2. The quotient obtained in this manner is referred to as ‘the electoral quota’.
3. One of the vacant seats will be assigned to a list as many times as the electoral quota is included in the voting figure of that list.
The electoral quota was: 970
And based on this: USP 2 seats, NA 4 seats, UPP 7 seats and DP 2 seats
1. Of the seats still to be filled after the application of Article 95, seats will be assigned, in sequence, to the list that after the assignment of the seat, will show the highest average number of votes per assigned seat. If the averages are the same, the decision shall be made by lot. This is an English translation of the Dutch source text. In the event of any discrepancy between the Dutch language version and the translation, and in case of any disputes, the Dutch version prevails. No rights can be derived from the English translation. October 2013 18
2. Lists for which the voting figure is less than the electoral quota shall be disregarded in this assignment.
3. If, as a result of the application of Article 95, more seats should be assigned to a list than the number of candidates on the list, the remaining seats shall be assigned to one or more other lists through continuation of the application of paragraph 1 of this Article.
1. The central electoral committee shall divide the voting figure of the list by the number of seats assigned to the list.
2. The quotient obtained in this manner is referred to as ‘the list quota’.
1. For the purpose of filling the seats assigned to each list, the candidates on the list that won a number of votes equal to or in excess of the list quota are elected.
2. If fewer candidates on a list than the number of seats assigned to that list have won a number of votes equal to or in excess of the list quota, the candidates are ordered according to the number of votes that they have won, starting with the candidate who won the highest number of votes. The seats are assigned in order of the highest candidates on the list who have not yet been elected.
The list quota differs from party to party.
For USP: 824, for NA 1014, for UPP 887 and DP 1171.
As result of this only Theo Heyliger UP with his 1945 votes met the requirements of section 1 and voted directly into Parliament.
The rest got an assigned seat in Parliament accordingly to section 2
If a candidate has died when the election result is determined, his name will not be taken into account.
1. The central electoral committee shall order the candidates included in each list in order of the number of votes that they won, starting with the candidate who won the highest number of votes.
2. To the extent that candidates have won an equal number of votes, the order shall be determined by their order on the list.
Because of section 2 Janchi Leonard with his 204 votes was assigned the last UP seat above Marietje Buncamper-Molanus who also pulled 204 personal votes.
SOURCE: EDWIN GUMBS