Swearing in of Ministers on Friday
His Excellency the Governor of Sint Maarten, drs. E.B. Holiday, received the final report of formateur Theodore Heyliger.
The formateur has accepted the commission to form a new government that has a majority in Parliament and that consists of Ministers who are committed to the promotion of the wellbeing of Sint Maarten and dedicated to jointly execute the UP/I-2 Governing Accord, agreed upon by the coalition partners United People’s Party, independent Member of Parliament Van Hugh C. de Weever and independent Member of Parliament Mrs. Leona Marlin-Romeo .
The formateur has nominated the following persons for appointment as Ministers and Minister Plenipotentiary:
1. Mr. Marcel F. Gumbs, Prime Minister, also Minister of General Affairs and – in the interim – Acting Housing, Spatial Planning, Environment and Infrastructure;
2. Mr. Dennis L. Richardson, Minister of Justice and – in the interim – Acting Minister of Public Health, Social Development and Labour;
3. Mr. Martinus J. Hassink, Minister of Finance;
4. Mrs. Rita A. Bourne-Gumbs, Minister of Education, Culture, Youth and Sports;
5. Mr. Claret M. Connor, Minister of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transport and Telecommunication
6. Mrs. Josiane Fleming-Artsen, Minister Plenipotentiary
The vetting of the nominated Prime-Minister, Ministers and Minister Plenipotentiary, based on the pertinent regulations regulating the appointment of ministers, has not produced any data that could impede their appointment and swearing-in.
The Governor has scheduled the appointment and swearing-in of the Prime-Minister, the Ministers and the Minister Plenipotentiary on December 19, 2014, 15.00 hours, at the Governor’s Office. After the ceremony, the Governor and the newly appointed Ministers will have the constituting meeting in the A.C. Wathey legislative hall.
Categories: st maarten government falls