KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is launching services to three new destinations with the start of the winter schedule on 28 October: St Maarten, Guanacaste Liberia (Costa Rica) and Bangalore (India). KLM will continue to operate services to the new destinations of Boston, Las Vegas, Naples and Wroclaw, which were launched at the start of the summer schedule.
- KL0729 departs Tuesdays at 11:20 CET from Schiphol and arrives 15:35 local time on Sint Maarten. On Thursdays it departs from Schiphol at 11:45 hours CET and arrives at 16:00 hours local time on Sint Maarten.
- KL0730 departs Tuesdays at 18:15 hours local time from Sint Maarten and arrives at Schiphol the next day at 07:50 hours CET.
Guanacaste Liberia is on the Pacific coast of northwest Costa Rica. From 29 October, KLM will operate flights four times a week from Amsterdam to Guanacaste Liberia in a Boeing 787-9. On the outbound journey the service will include a stopover at San José, the capital of Costa Rica.
- KL0717/0719 departs Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday at 12:35 hours CET from Schiphol, arriving at San José at 17:15 hours local time. The flight continues on at 19:15 hours local time to Guanacaste Liberia, where it arrives at 20:10 hours local time.
- KL0717/0719 departs 21:15 hours local time from Guanacaste Liberia and arrives at Schiphol the next day at 14:20 hours CET.
Bangalore is in southern India and is famous for its many technology companies. From 30 October, KLM will operate flights on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between Schiphol and Bangalore in a Boeing 787-9. The flight schedule is as follows:
- KL0879 departs Schiphol 11:05 hours CET and arrives the next day at Bangalore, Kempegowda International Airport at 00:50 hours local time.
- KL0880 departs Bangalore at 02:45 hours local time and arrives at Schiphol at 08:25 hours CET the next day.
Limited capacity at Schiphol
KLM is able to offer three new destinations, despite the limited capacity at Schiphol, by optimising its network. We constantly monitor whether the type of aircraft and frequencies for a certain route match market demand and the route’s results. This can mean that routes are sometimes suspended sooner than usual due to slot restrictions at Schiphol, as is the case with Colombo, Sri Lanka, this winter.
Categories: Sint Maarten