It is one thing to wholeheartedly disagree on the principle of whether a donor (the Netherlands) may attach conditions to the large-scale interest-free provision of liquidity support to an island (Sint Maarten) in need. It is even possible to argue that the decolonization process has or has not been completed – even if it is very late, after all, the Statute is already 66 years old and in 2010 Sint Maarten voluntarily agreed to the status of autonomous country within the Kingdom. But politics in Philipsburg, at least the majority, is going a step too far by accusing the Netherlands at the United Nations (UN) for neo-colonialism, racism and xenophobia. Crosses borders. Moreover, Kingdom partner the Netherlands is affected where it is most sensitive, namely by harming its reputation internationally by stating in the authoritative American newspaper The Washington Post that there is a “racial settlement”. This is because the government of Prime Minister Silveria Jacobs requested a life preserver in connection with the corona crisis and received a bag of money-linked-to-conditions for this. It does not concern the entire States, because there are also two factions that expressly distance themselves from this action and rightly warn that a handful of politicians are putting the fate of the Sint Maarten population at risk. Last year, the Netherlands provided 175 million guilders in liquidity support (in addition to gifts for food parcels and other emergency aid; matters that are actually the primary responsibility of an autonomous government). The amount of 175 million may not seem like much – compared, for example, to the 668 million that Curaçao received (not including the 170 million for the solution to the Giro Bank problem) and the 414 million for Aruba – but it is almost two-thirds of what Sint Maarten residents generated tax revenues in 2020 (only 288 million). Of course, they are loans, free of charge (= without interest), and it would be nice to the Netherlands if they could be canceled at some point, because according to the Central Bank CBCS it is already clear that the countries cannot pay them off for the time being. But the fact that the money is being conditioned is because much of the homework by the (islands) countries has not been done in recent decades. Almost all measures in the Coho Landspacks (Caribbean Body for Reform and Development) are matters for which the political administrators themselves should have been responsible for much earlier. Setting conditions, however, does not come close to racism. There is (also) something else at play. The allegations from Philipsburg seem mainly due to frustration and revenge from the corner of Heyliger and Corallo, who are ‘represented’ in parliament by States members Grisha Heyliger-Marten (yes, wife of Theo Heyliger, who was sentenced to prison) and her party colleague Rolando Brison. ; as “puppets on a string”. There is therefore talk of the “Cupecoy Shadow Government”. They not only take the majority in parliament in tow, but also put Prime Minister Jacobs in a difficult position. Is this really what the population wants? Nota bene in a crisis of unprecedented magnitude. Because there is more to it: financially it is a drama and in the judicial area is being demolished what has recently been built on. The right-minded on Sint Maarten, including the business community, are rightly very concerned. But much more than in Curaçao and Aruba, they are concerned from the wings. They don’t step forward. That is above all the moral duty of the Sint Maarten elite: step forward, to prevent worse, and mark the boundaries. Before it’s too late and the baby is thrown out with the bathwater. Sint Maarten is not far from there. https://antilliaansdagblad.com/nieuws-menu/commentaar-ad/23275-politiek-sint-maarten-overschrijdt-grenzen
- 6,128,940 views
- View judithroumou’s profile on Facebook
- View judithroumou2’s profile on Twitter
- View judith_roumou’s profile on Instagram
- View judithroumou’s profile on Pinterest
- View judithroumou’s profile on LinkedIn
- View JudithRoumou’s profile on GitHub
- View judithroumou’s profile on YouTube
- View userjudithroumou’s profile on Vimeo
- View +JudithRoumouStMaartenNews’s profile on Google+
- รูปหีใต้ผ้าถุงเมื่อตอนที่ผมเป็นเด็กนั้นผมเคยแอบดูหีน้าผมใต้ผ้าถุงบ่อย … อ่านเพิ่มเติม "รูปหีใต้ผ้าถุง"
- ประสบการณ์เสียวเด็กหญิงชอบนั่งโป๊น้องแขเป็นเด็กข้างบ้านผมเองครับ อายุได้ แค่ 8 ขวบเท่านั … อ่านเพิ่มเติม "ประสบการณ์เสียวเด็กหญิงชอบนั่งโป๊"
- เรื่องเสียวแอบดูเจ๊xxxกับผัวผมมีเรื่องเสียวๆเล่า เมื่อตอนที่ผมไปทำงานอยู่ที่เชียงให … อ่านเพิ่มเติม "เรื่องเสียวแอบดูเจ๊xxxกับผัว"
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Une catastrophe sanitaire est en cours à cause des vaccins et de l’obligation vaccinale d’après le Docteur Jean-Gabriel BaliqueLe Docteur Jean-Gabriel Balique affirme qu’une catastrophe sanitaire est en cours à cause des vaccins et de l’obligation vaccinale Dans une lettre ouverte datée du 2 Octobre 2021 et adressée Saint Martin l sxminfo.fr - L‘Info libre de St-Martin & d'ailleurs
- Communiqué officiel de la Collectivité de Saint-Martin annonçant la signature d’un protocole de suspension de conflitGrève de l’UNI.T978-UNSA Territoriaux : signature d’un protocole de suspension du conflit Après trois mois de mobilisation du Syndicat territorial UNI.T978, un protocole de suspension de conflit a été signé ce Saint Martin l sxminfo.fr - L‘Info libre de St-Martin & d'ailleurs
- AURORA ANGUILLA BRANDED PLANE ON INAUGURAL FLIGHT New Chapter in Travel and Tourism For Paradise IslandThe 64-seat Embraer 170 air carrier, one of four similar costly airplanes, recently acquired by Aurora Anguilla Resort and Golf Club, has been coming to the island previously, bringing in personnel and supplies. But Wednesday, October 6, 2021, was the aircraft’s official inaugural flight into the Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport, carrying its owner, Am […]
- NCBA’S CEO ADVISES FIREFIGHTERS ON MONEY MANAGEMENTFirefighters in Anguilla, charged with the management of fires, to prevent costly damage and injury to victims, found themselves in a completely different scenario on Wednesday, October 6. Instead of fighting fire, they were advised about how to fight the high cost of living thereby avoiding personal financial distress, especially in this global COVID pandem […]
- RIP UPDATE SHOOTING VICTIM SHAQUAN GUMBS DIES FROM GUNSHOT WOUNDS FULL STORY VIDEOS April 22, 2021RIP UPDATE SHOOTING VICTIM SHAQUAN GUMBS DIES FROM GUNSHOT WOUNDS FULL STORY VIDEOSSint Maarten News
- UPDATE: Keep Him In Your Thoughts And Prayers. He is in a coma fighting for his life. CONTACT THE AUTHORITIES IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING. That’s not snitching, it is the RIGHT thing to do April 21, 2021UPDATE: Keep Him In Your Thoughts And Prayers. He is in a coma fighting for his life. CONTACT THE AUTHORITIES IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING. That's not snitching, it is the RIGHT thing to doSint Maarten News
- Van ‘Batgirl’ tot ‘The Flash’ en ‘The Batman’: bekijk hier de eerste beelden van de nieuwste DC-reeksenDC Comics en Warner Bros. hielden zaterdag hun tweede jaarlijkse ‘Fandome’ en onthulden heel wat nieuwe trailers voor films en shows die eraan komen. Fans kregen onder meer een blik op ‘The Batman’, ‘The Flash’, ‘Peacemaker’ en ‘Black Adam’. Ook de Belgische regisseurs Adil El Arbi en Bilall Fallah waren aanwezig om te spreken over hun reeks ‘Batgirl’. Een o […]
- Europees commissaris waarschuwt voor toenemende energiearmoedeDe Europese commissaris van Werkgelegenheid en Sociale Rechten, Nicolas Schmit, waarschuwt voor een toenemende energiearmoede in Europa, nu de energieprijzen stijgen. Volgens hem lijden al miljoenen mensen aan energiearmoede in de EU en kan dat aantal blijven toenemen.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why The Netherlands dominates the World Happiness Report rankingsThis year’s World Happiness Report again ranks The Netherlands among the top ten happiest of 155 countries surveyed. The U.S., on the other hand, ranked 18th this year, a four-spot drop from last year’s report. The Netherlands scores well when it comes to social trust and support. Due to the situation surrounding the corona virus, […] The post Why The Nether […]Dutch Daily News
- More British people moving to the NetherlandsThe number of British citizens moving from the UK to the Netherlands increased further in 2019. The post More British people moving to the Netherlands appeared first on Dutch Daily News.Dutch Daily News
- Number of new homes built in the Netherlands soars to a decade highLast year, almost 71 thousand new-build completions were reported in the Netherlands. The post Number of new homes built in the Netherlands soars to a decade high appeared first on Dutch Daily News.Dutch Daily News
Judith Regina Roumou
1- 721 523 3493
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Cannot load blog information at this time.