𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 / 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 (𝐃𝐑𝐌) 𝐛𝐲 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 𝐭𝐨: 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐄𝐎𝐂@𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐯.𝐨𝐫𝐠
𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐚 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧?
- The need to develop a comprehensive Disaster Risk Management policy for sustainable development and resilience of Sint Maarten;
- The need to strengthen the Disaster Risk Management system of Sint Maarten to ensure adequate mitigation, planning, response, and coordination;
- Urgent need for determining the most feasible and suitable financial mechanisms to support not only Disaster Risk Management but for Disaster Risk Financing.
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧:
- Describes a direction and purpose to be achieved and fulfilled;
- Harness ownership for Disaster Risk Management and build Strategic Resilience;
- Allow for the development of a Disaster Risk Management System build on effective policy-, legal-, technical-, financial- and institutional measures to prevent new disaster risk, reduce existing disaster risk and manage residual risk.
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧:
“A Community that has the ability to create an environment of self-reliance, to be sufficiently equipped to prevent new disaster risks, to be organized to identify and reduce existing disaster risks as well as anticipate, prepare-, mitigate-, and respond adequately to the impact of disasters, having instituted a culture of prevention and resilience”.
“The ability to create self-reliance, to prevent new disaster risk, reduce existing disaster risks and withstand the impact of disasters and cope adequately to the aftermath”.
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝:
Proportionate measures are taken in advance to prevent or minimize the effects of disasters leading to effective responses and timely recovery, by ensuring that the population is well informed and has access to the resources to make informed decisions.
- Strategic objective 1: Mainstreaming disaster risk management into the national development
- Strategic objective 2: Mainstream disaster risk management standards into the decision-making process (accountability)
- Strategic objective 3: Establishing Institutional Frameworks and Mechanisms to create an enabling environment and a compliance regime. Thereby ensuring efficient mechanism for the identification-, assessing-, monitoring-, and minimizing of disaster risks.
Categories: DRM Disaster Risk Management